does concerta speed up your metabolism?

I've been on concerta18mg for about a year now, and recently started taking the 27mg.

I've always heard about it being an appetite supsuppressantut does it actually speed up metabolism/ cause your body to burn more calories?

I take it for ADHD, and have never experienced any change in my appetite

Update:

its also used to treat depression, so thats prolly why you experienced 'numbness'

Comments

• I have ADD and take adderal...

Yes it does in the first couple of months...However, your body does adjust. (unless you abuse...adjusting the dose to compensate tolerance)

It is a amphetamine and they all make everything work faster...therefore speeding up your metabolic system. Again, after taking it for a lengthy period, you develop a tolerance and therefore has no effect on metabolic system only for what it is prescribed for when taken proper doses!

• No. It suppresses you appetite. In other words it makes you feel like your not hungry. I was on it for 2 years. I was never hungry. I ate when it was time to eat and i ate appropriate portions. Concerta will mess with your emotions, (numbness), in high doses. Good Luck.