Why do my parents criticize my christianity?

I pray; they dont

i go to church; they dont

i read the bible; they dont.

they say i need a better relationship with god blah blah blah and they worried about me. im the biggest goody two shoes youll ever meet. im not gonna say im better than my parents cuz thats gods decision but they shouldnt be criticizing me. they should worry about themselves.

Comments

• Surely it is because of the immature childishness of your behavior?!

• I don't know. It might profit you to ask them.

A measurement of a persons relationship with God is not through going to church, reading the Bible, prayer, nor being a goody two shoes. So maybe they are right.

• I agree.

You know, i'm the only Christian in my family as well, My parents found out and got very angry, my sisters' started mocking me. Pretty much my whole family is against it. But i love God, and i am a Christian - follower of Christ. If my family doesn't accept it, then they don't. And they're going to have to deal with it. You sound like you really love the Lord. Never, i reapeat NEVER turn away from God for anyone, love God. You were chosen by him. If your family doesn't like it, they should deal with it, and accept it. Pray for them. The bible tells us not to be suprised when people mock us. Pray for your parents, and anyone who judges you, for being a Christian. It says in the bible. GodBless brother! :)

• Keep doing what you're doing...Hopefully your LIFE reflects your faith...if it does, don't listen..You know that what you have is real.