Do I have a problem?

I am extremely athletic. i work out daily. i am obsessed with eating healthy. i limit myself and go on diets a lot. and am obsessed with fitness and stuff like that. but i also go the other extreme and stuff myself with sweets, and eat eat eat candy and i cannot control myself. do i have a problem? what is it called? almost as if i go on binges and then i regret it and go on a fast ... i know it's not healthy ... what should i do ?

Comments

• it could be a form of bulimia people go on binges of eating and they don't always vomit after eating.but do feel guilty and then won't eat for a few days .it is a destructive thing to do to your body better to allow yourself to eat a piece of candy or have a small sweet a day that way you won't binge out

• uhmm yes. you need to make up in your mind that you are going to make a life changing commitment to yourself because you deserve it. your health and body. you can exercise all you want but if you keep eating the sweets, your just wasting a hard days workout. that's how i look at it (been obese for 3yrs), when i work out, i don't want my work to be in vein. so i find other ways to continue to eat what i like (although eating wasn't my problem, more medical). try these things.

1. eat breakfast (always) wheat waffles w/peanut butter fresh fruit on top.

2. drink plenty of water, flushes your system

3. exercise at least 30mins a day.. take time to rest

4. increase the levels on any machines that you use, don't stay stuck on levels 1 and 2.

5. eat 2hrs before working out, give you more energy

6. treat yourself with a little sweet like one ice cream bar and let that be good enough.

7. leave the white stuff alone...all whole wheat

8. keep a steady routine going.

9. keep a journal, that may help

eat lots of fruit like grapes, kiwi, mangos...to curve that sweet tooth that you have. natural sweets are always better

not trying to know it all but this is what i do...and i have lost 25 lbs so for...i'm still at it. Wish you the best of luck!*wink*

• ok

you need to let yourself down a little on the candy

i think thats why your sooo obsessed with exercize because you regrett eating the candy and sweets

eat sweets sometimes

add a little unhealthy food to your diet

keep the healthy food in your diet

you'll feel better

you wont regret everything you eat

im not saying stuff you face with something from mcdonalds every day

but dont think you have to be a health freak to stay healthy

and exercizing every day will make you very bulgy

too much muscle is not attractive

limit your exercize to every other day

• I have the same problem it is actually a form of bulimia (when you binge and restrict) the only way to stop it is let yourself have a little dessert everyday. When you dont eat enough at the beginning of the day then you will binge at the end of the day.

• I think you should do whatever makes you happy or whatever your in the mood for but i dont think you should fast all the time you are already working out and eating fine everyone deserves a treat

• its called gymnasia nervosa. It matches almost exactly your problem. Its cured almost the same way that OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) is cured. but im not sure what else, its probably best to seek professional help. Hope it helps.

• you havnt got a problem and if you are so obsessed with eating healthy why are you eating so much candy..?but yet who doesnt always eat candy..maybe if you just ate less of it

• Maybe you are just living a really stressfull life like the rest of us

• he loves you the way you are, you don`t have to be so obsessed, that can get to a problem....

• yes it's called you're all kinds of crazy