Is a mini tube dress inappropriate for a prom? PLEASE READ ON, IT'S DESPERATE?

So the thing is, my boyfriend lives in a different state and he asked me to be his date to this prom. I have never met his parents or his friends and he wants to introduce me to them during the prom. I was thinking of wearing this black mini tube dress which shows off my figure but at the same time, I don't want to make a bad impression of looking like a slut or a prostitute for wearing the mini tube dress. It's really, really body hugging and the dress ends a few inches below my butt and I gotta say, it's the best dress I've ever worn. I'm petite and slim and to be honest I have a nice figure (not trying to brag) and I kinda want to show off my figure and make heads turn but at the same time, I'm afraid his friends get this bad impression of me. I really need to make a good impression because my boyfriend's kind of those really popular guys who have had a tonne of girlfriends before (who will be there) and i need to make heads turn. So do you think the dress is decent for a prom?

Comments

• Prom invitation = prom dress. Believe me, they make dresses specially for that occasion. Wearing a "black tube mini dress a few inches below your butt" will turn heads, all right, and everyone who sees you will likely have some version of the word "tramp" run through their minds.

I'm sorry, but mini tube dress is only for a) wearing to a club or b) costume as a hooker. If this boy means anything to you, don't wear that dress to his prom. Go shopping. Buy something age and occasion appropriate. If you can't/won't do that, don't go.

• Yeah, it's not an appropriate choice for MOST proms and it's really not an appropriate choice for MEETING THE FOLKS and it seems that the main reason you want to wear it is to rub it in the face of the former girlfriends that you got the popular guy.

The main thing going through those girls minds will be the sureity that they know just HOW you got the guy and it wasn't vertical. You'll get their heads to turn and their tounges to wagging allright and none of it will be good.

If you've got the body, a longer, body concious dress will say WOW more than a mini-tube dress and will convey a lot more sophistication that a mini. You can still get a body hugging, form fitting dress that will knock their socks off AND impress the parents without giving grandma a heart attack.

• You will regret wearing it especially since this is the first time you are meeting his parents, it would usually not be a good first impression for most parents.

While it is hard to turn down an amazing outfit for you, you have to show some restraint if you want to achieve all that you want with your first impression. You cannot wear that dress and get the respect of his parents, you cannot have your cake and eat it too.

It does not make sense to show off your figure to his parents though, to other people your age that makes sense, but his parents do not care about that stuff. There is a possibility his friends may also get a bad impression. There is a possibility that lots of those heads you will be turning will get a bad impression as well, you just would not know.

You do not need to make head turns, you only need to make his turn.

• I didn't even need to read past the first sentence. I don't know of any occasion anywhere, any time that a mini tube dress would actually be appropriate. They may be cute (on a girl with the figure for it), and they're certainly sexy, but they are never truly appropriate. They look trampy. I'd save it for my boyfriend in private.

• Usually you wear a gown to prom. That means to the ankles. I think you will look like you showed up to the wrong party if you wear a mini dress. One girl did that when I went to prom. She thought everyone would be amazing at her legs, but she just looked way too casual. It might be a pretty dress, but it's not right for the occasion.

• No, sorry. It sounds kinda slutty. I mean, it should at least cover PART of your legs. If it doesn't, it's more like a tube top that you need to grow into. Maybe you could try wearing a mid-length fluffy skirt under it. That way it covers more, but you can still wear it.

• it is inappropriate for a prom.