do bras go over a 42?

like if someone is a 42D does it go to a 44D or does it just go to an DD

Comments

• erm.

you don't understand how bra sizes work, do you?

The letter refers to the cup size.

The number refers to the band size (which is the measurement under your breasts)

If the 42D person's band has gotten larger, BUT her cup has remained the same, she is now a 44D.

If the 42D's person's breasts have gotten larger, but not the band, she would be a 42DD / 42E.

And yes, bands go up to 44. You usually have to shop in the plus-size stores to find the larger bands. I know when I was searching for bras before, even at wal-mart, the bands went up to 50. o___o

• I know this isn't the question being asked but I want to throw in that the best thing I ever did for myself bra-wise was to go to a very nice department store and get professionally fitted for the perfect bra size. It looked like I lost 10 pounds wearing the right bra and that wasn't even the goal. I loved it so much I even bought the bra which I didn't really plan to do that ....I was just seeking information on my correct bra size. If you haven't already done so, I suggest a trip to a very nice department store lingering department & let trained staff measure & fit you. You'll feel more confident & better overall.

• Yes indeed they do. I have seen them in the thrift stores as large as 46 which is the girth all around the rib cage excluding the breast....to DD and DDD which now includes the breast.. So that would be a size

46DDD. Forty-six triple D.

• It goes above 50 also in some cases, but naturally the cup size will start from E or EE.

• Yes, but it's very, very rare!