Oils can break a condom??Cause pregnancy?

Okay my partner and i always use protection but sometimes dont have K.Y lube on hand.Can olive oil, vegstable oil, or baby oil cause a condom to break if so why?

Update:

Is wip cream okay?

Comments

• lubricants other than those intended for sex can cause some deterioration of a condom which can lead to failure....get yourself a good supply of the 'right stuff' and leave the olive oil for cooking....

• Never use oil-based lubricants such as mineral oil, petroleum jelly, or baby oil with condoms because the these substances can break down the rubber.

And if a condom ever seems dry, sticky, or stiff when it comes out of the package, or if it is past its expiration date, throw it away and use a new one. It's a good idea to have several condoms on hand in case there is a problem with one. It's best to store unused condoms in a cool, dry place.

• Oil breaks down the chemical bonds in latex, causing holes or weaknesses in the condom. Use water based lubricant or lubricated condoms.

• Yes because they cause the rubber in the condom to rot. You should always use a water based lubricant - seriously do you really use vegetable and olive oil? Is the olive oil extra virgin?

• Well, your screwed, good job now your girlfriend is pregnant. I have the perfect names for your oil accident baby. Accident, Dream Crusher and Oh god oh god, what the hell was I thinking when I suggested to use vegetable oil as a lubricant, my life is over, Why why.

• Any oil can break down latex condoms.

Use spit.