1 or 2 middles names . . .?

I'm expecting identical twins at the beginning of June and we have the names Olivia Jane Katherine and Amelia Grace Isabelle. My husband and I were reconsidering having three names each. The second middle names are just ones we like but the first middle names are after our mothers. So they would be Amelia Grace and Olivia Jane.

What do you think?

Thanks!!!

Comments

• I think you and your husband are very wise for reconsidering. Two middle names would only complicate paper work where the middle name is required, or even the middle initial. Besides, when you kids tick you off, do you really want to yell 4 names-b/c that's what us moms do lol. When a kid is behaving, it's "Bryce honey, can you come here?" When they are doing something mildly wrong its, "Now Bryce Allan, I told you not to get into those until after dinner." But, when they have done something REALLY wrong or made a huge mess its, "BRYCE ALLEN RITZENCRACKER-get your butt over here NOW!" So, with twins, lovely as they be, they will eventually get into some kind of trouble and you will NOT feel like hollering, "Amelia Grace Isabelle and Olivia Jane Katherine _______________, get over here NOW!"

=D

• Keep Amelia Grace Isabelle and Olivia Jane Katherine.

I love two middle names :) it's much more elegant and unique!!

• Having one middle name is the usual route---that's why there is only one space for the middle initial on governmental forms. On the other hand, having two middle names gives the girls another possible name to go by if they don't like their names.

Congrats on the twins!

• Completely up to you, I like the names either way. Its tradition in my family to give two middle names, so I am a little more partial to two. :)

Some of our family names:

William Kolby Charles

Jadelynn Makayla Nicole

Skylar Lee Andrea

Caden Thomas James

Kia Michelle Grace

• I like them when they both have 2 middle names, it not like you have to use it all the time, but i think they are very nice. I am having 2 middle names if i have a girl, but just one if i have a boy lol.

• I personally have two middle names and its a bit much :S I like names with 1 middle name only better :) Congratulations btw :D

• I think 1 is enough. I was originally going to say to use 2 if they both held meaning, but since your mothers' names are staying regardless and the other are extra, just use 1.

• nicely, when I get a daughter, i'd like her to have 2 midsection names: Clare Ardith, after my mom and paternal grandmother who died of maximum cancers. yet there is one subject: My final call starts off with a "B", so i do no longer my woman's first given call in the beginning an "S." i comprehend of a few those with 2 midsection names: John Ronald Reuel Tolkien (a.ok.a. J.R.R. Tolkien; author of "The Lord of the rings" and "the Hobbit"), George Herbert Walker Bush (father of Obama's predecessor interior the U.S. Presidency), and William Lyon Mackenzie King (a.ok.a. W.L. Mackenzie King; a Canadian best Minister who served the different term thrice).

• I would go with just one. Especially depending on your religion. In the Christian faith, you choose another name at 14 years old, so it might end up being (example) Amelia Grace Isabelle Sarah lastName, which would be too long

• I think going with just 1 middle name is better. It flows nicer, but the names are still beautiful.