Do view 'MACARONI and CHEESE' as a "Side Dish" or as s "Meal" ?

* I like and think of Mac and Cheese as a Meal.

* Is Mac and Cheese a Meal or Side Dish to you?

Comments

• This depends. If I am making my homemade mac and cheese I make it as a meal if it is in the box i usually use it as a side.

• It depends... Mac and Cheese is normally a side dish to me because I can't eat enough of it to make it a meal. If you add stuff to it (like chicken and broccoli) then it becomes a meal.

• My kids love this comfort food. On the occasions we make mac and cheese, we serve it as a side dish. Usually with zucchini meat loaf. However, my kids will eat mac & cheese for lunch as a meal.

• I think of it as a Meal. If I want something else with it (like ham or chicken) I usually stir it into the mac & cheese and would still consider it a meal.

• I don't think I could make a meal ( 2000-2500 calories ) from Mac and Cheese from a box. Maybe if you put some ham in it. But I have had baked Mac and Cheese as dinner. Just needed a salad to go with it.

• I believe that mac and cheese can be a meal if its for lunch.

I wouldnt think of it as a dinner because theres no meat in it. Mac and cheese with hot dogs is dinner but not plain mac and cheese.

• It has the protein and carbs just like any casserole and is used as the main dish in many menus but a little hot dog or sausages cut up with it make it look more like the main dish.

• It is a side dish for our entire family. I can't imagine having a whole plate; enough for a meal.

• Side dish but one I cook with almost every meal of mines, lol.