how do u defrag your comp?

someone told me to do a cpl of things to fix my comp then to defrag it but i have no clue what that means please someone let me know

Comments

• Go to :

All programs

Accessories

System Tools

Disk Defragmenter

Hit Defragment

Try to do this before you go to sleep because this can take a while.

• Go to Start>Accessories>Systemtools>Diskdefrag... Windows defragger needs atleast 15% free space to work and if programs interrupt, it may not complete.If you are running Windows Vista, its designed to defrag on its own and doesnt show a graphic or fragmentation visuals. You can access it the same way as XP.

Among the defragmenters I have tried, I have found Diskeeper to be the most efficient. Its also very easy to use as it can be set to defrag automatically in the background, has a nice GUI and defrags system files.

Try the 30 day trial if you wish

http://www.diskeeper.com/defrag.aspx

• Computers running windows XP (NTFS) or Windows Vista do not require defrag cycles due to the nature of the file system in use. NTFS journals the location of data on the hard disk dramatically reducing seek times and eliminating the need for defragmenting the disk.

• Restart in trustworthy mode and do it then, to enter trustworthy mode, you restart your laptop and whilst the emblem comes up, begin tapping F8 key, till it a lot, then defrag, then restart. Good Luck.

• I suggest you also get ccleaner which can clean up your comp as well as defrag it