As cities in Florida go, Orlando or Tampa?

If you are out of choices, which "city" is more tolerable to live in?

Comments

• Tampa without question. More cultural, more business oriented, right there on the water.

• I like both cities. The nice thing about Orlando is, the theme parks are in the outer cities. So, if you live in actual Orlando or cities north of there, you'll be 30-45 mins from the tourists, but still close enough to spend a day at the parks. Tampa is nice because it's close to the Ocean, has beautiful coastal cities, has Busch Gardens, and is only a a few hours (depending on where you would live) to the theme parks. I don't like in FL, so I can't actually talk about what it's like to live there. I just love the area, and hope to move to Tampa (or Orlando if I'm still in college) some day soon.

• I live in Tampa and I love it here. I have been here for 2 1/2 years now. I like Tampa better than Orlando because it is not overrun by tourists. Sure there is Adventure Island and Busch Gardens but that's nothing compared to what Orlando has. I live between Orlando and the beaches... so either one is perfect for a day trip.

• I live in a outlying sub-urban town near Tampa, so I'll go with that. It's pretty nice here, it's quiet but not desolate, with a nice number of stores/restaurants/places for entertainment, and everything's pretty easy to find. The houses are pretty nice, most are in great condition since most were built within the last 20 years. I don't know much about the attractive women in the area though, being a woman myself. Oh, and where I live I'm about a 45 minute drive away from Busch Gardens, which is tons more fun than Disney and less expensive. Really the only good thing about Orlando is Disney. (I go there every couple months to visit family.)

• Either is fine. There are great places and utter slums in both cities. Both offer lots of fun things to do, or you could get killed at a convenience store while buying a bag of chips. Although, quite obviously, the former is much more likely.

If you like the beach, professional baseball, pro hockey and pro football, choose Tampa. If you like theme parks and pro basketball, choose Orlando.

• Orlando and Tampa are both fine to live in.

Tampa - if you like the beaches, football and baseball.

Orlando - if you like the theme parks.

• Orlando if you like a younger crowd and better nightlife. Tampa if you like the beaches and water and family living.

• I have been to both!

I say Tampa!

Its beautiful!!!

Orlando is nice too!

I went to Lido Beach in 1972, as a young fat gal, with my best friend, and the life guards came and sat with us!!!!! Maybe it was take pity on "chubby girl day" but I will never forget, how special they made us feel!

They paid no attention to the skinny gals that day!

• I live in Orlando and would MUCH MUCH rather live in Tampa. SO much prettier and you don't always feel like your in a sauna (imagine a humid sauna and your in Orlando).