serious car stereo problem?

i have a 1993 mazda 626 and the radio it had before was a sonny and whenever i turned it up it would shut off ans turn back on so i took that radio out and got a kenwood now but it does the same thing, but one thing i noticed is that the factory car wires dont have a ground a black wire?? should this be the problem cause my radio goes crazy like it shuts off shuts back on and does that for a little bit then works but cant turn it up??

Comments

• Yes, the ground needs to be connected. Mazda doesn't use a ground wire in the radio plug; the stock head unit is grounded through the case. You need to take the black wire from the new head unit and attach it securely to a solid metal part of the sub-dash. A good ground connection should fix your problem.

• You will need to add a ground wire to a solid piece of metal that is attached to the body of the car. Your radio is getting weak ground either though the case or through the antenna wire.

• Ground u dont need being the ground is on the back of ur stereo try looking at all the wire make sure theres not cuts an not touching anything. If theres a bare wire touching somewheres it will turn off its doin that so it wont mess up ur vechical...try looking at the wiring..