revlon colorsilk ultra light natural blonde?

my hair is dark brown nd i want to be blonde so do i keep dying it until i get the blonde i want? and how long to keep the dye in my hair?

Comments

• You need to bleach it but I would recommend going to a professional dark brown hair is hard to bring to blond

• You need to bleach it but I would recommend going to a professional dark brown hair is hard to bring to blond

• For dark brown hair to go blonde you must use either a high-lift blonde designed for dark hair or you need to bleach the hair first. That shade is a medium lift blonde and can be used on hair as dark as medium brown. A darker brown will be more of a copper blonde or a ginger color. I believe your color choice is number 04? if you can find an ultra light shade with the number 03 (sun blonde) or 02 that would be better for your dark brown hair. Both 03 and 02 are "high lift" meaning they remove more of your hair's natural color. All boxed colors come with a shade guide on the side or back of the box. Look at the shade guide on the side or back of the box to see the results you can expect on different hair colors. Read the shade guide carefully and to understand what to expect with the product. The instruction sheet inside is quite detailed and tells you how to use the product. Use exactly as directed. Do not add additional oils or condtirioners because they can stop the coloring action of the mixed product. This product will lift some color, but not as much as a bleaching.

When selecting hair color at a drug store please take the time to look at the back and sides of the boxes where the shade selection help is and to see what to expect. If it says it won't turn dark brown hair blonde then believe them -they extensively test these products so results will be predictable. If your color isn't pictured on the shade guide then find a box that does show the color you have and the color you want. It takes a bit of time in the store to find the right products so take your time, read boxes and then get what is made for what you want.

• You can NOT go from a darker color to a lighter color. There is - technically - no such thing as a blonde DYE. It's a bleach. The more you do it, the greater the chance of ruining your hair.

You have to strip the color out first, THEN use the blonde color on it.

I'd highly recommend getting it done professionally, especially since this is your first time. Unless you don't mind looking like Ronald McDonald, of course. Blonde hair "coloring" on brown hair often comes out bright red/orange if it's not done properly.

• Dye causes cancer

• You can't DYE your hair lighter... it just isn;t possible. Dye adds colour to your hair, so if you put a lighter colour than your natural colour, it just won't show. If you want to go lighter you have to bleach it.