Business degree or a Mathematics degree?

My ultimate career goal is to work in finance but i've studied a semester in business and i hated it, i have always liked maths but feel that a maths degree will be too much for me.

Comments

• A math degree right now is one of the most valuable degrees you can earn. There is a demand and math majors get some of the highest salary offers of all graduates. If you like math, go for it. You can't go wrong. And as a math major, you can get jobs in the finance sector.

• I would look at the different type of careers that a Math degree would give you. I have a friend who is a Maths major and he plans on pursuing a career as a math teacher, which means that he must take additional courses to get a degree in education.

I am currently studying business and I am a numbers person as well. Note that there are many different fields of business that you could specialize in: marketing, human resources, accounting, finance...the list goes on. During my first year of study, I planned on specializing in marketing but after taking a few classes in finance, I switched gears and I am now going to specialize in finance. It took me over two years to make that decision!

What did you hate about studying business that one semester? Was it the professor or the actual content that you were learning? My friend took a class that teaches the basics and hated it because of the professor's teaching style. Be careful not to make a decision based on irrelevant factors!

On the other hand, why do you feel like a maths degree would be too much for you? They say that if you're passionate about it, you'll do well. :)