lifestyle...rock, punk, emo, ect....?

ive known all my life that ive never fitted in...i live in italy so there not that many emo/punk/goths here...ive loved heavy metal and punk and some emo since i was 13...but now im changing school...ive always dressed not too preppy but i wore normal clothing...this year i want to be different...like now if i tell i like heavy metal girls just look at me weird...i dont care when people look at me and tell me im weird...i just want to have a group of friends thats like me...loves every type of rock as much as me...

can somebody help me...i dont want to look like a poser...cuz im really not...

how do i look punk/goth?

Comments

• It's not something that you TRY to do, Peanut. It has to evolve naturally, so to speak.

• AFI Aiden All it extremely is still the very very nearly paintings of loss of life As I Lay loss of life Atreyu The Audition Avenged Sevenfold previously Their Eyes The Bled Breaking Benjamin Buckcherry Burn Season Crossfade Day of hearth an afternoon to undergo in recommendations Decyfer Down Disturbed Dropout 3 hundred and sixty 5 days Drowning Pool Edgewater Eighteen Visions Evanescence Eyes Set To Kill Forgive Durden From Autumn to Ashes From First to final Hatebreed Hidden in undeniable View Hit The lighting fixtures Hopes Die final the nice and comfortable Lies Iron Maiden Killswitch have interaction Korn Lamb of God Linkin Park Lovehatehero Madina Lake Matchbook Romance Megadeth Metallica Motley Crue My American heart My Chemical Romance a clean Revolution Nick Black Ozzy Osbourne Pierce The Veil Presence Puddle of Mudd The pink Jumsuit equipment upward thrust against Saosin Senses Fail Silverstein Skid Row so as that they say THe Sophomore attempt SR-seventy one Sum 40-one There For the next day 3 Days Grace Underoath +40 4

• best way to fit in is NOT to label yourself. there will be plenty of people who will try to do that for you. just be open to new ideas and be strong enough in yourself to take the best and leave the rest.

Especially in music there are bands that have one good album and a few singles . others are one hit wonders.

Don't attach importance or loyalty to the band and make out like everything they do is gold.. Just enjoy the songs you like on their own merit. and set aside the rest.

Don't be too critical of what you dislike because they could be someone elses faves and you might insult your new best friend. music is a hot button issue for some its a highly personal matter of taste and there are no wrong answers.

except for marylin manson that was just horible on so many levels

• something that i've noticed over the years is that it doesn't matter what you wear, if you want to get in with a group of friends who care about the music, but are also GOOD people, where whatever you want, because good people will accept you for you, no matter what you look like

and people that think "you're not punk, your pants don't have holes in them", they are the real posers, because back when it started, punk music was about community and acceptance, not about fashion

just do your own thing

• I never dressed any more than a band t-shirt (not the band I am seeing though) and jeans.. Even in the hardcore days back in 1983-84 or Industrial ones in 1989-91..

Individuality is on the inside, not what you wear!

• You dont need to dress "punk" to be punk.

Just be who you are, and express your likes and dislikes, youll get the friends you want.

Punks not something you become, it becomes you. Otherwise your just following a trend.

Anyways, Just wear black tops and black skinny jeans. studded belt maybe.. converse.. thats whats punk is known today

• Don't change who you are to fit in. Just be yourself and soon enough you'll find someone like you. Good Luck.

• okay first off, don't try to group yourself into punk/goths.

just wear whatever appeals to you, if people label you, so be it.

• just be yourself.

• punk is dead