Do colleges prefer AVID or AP classes?

So I live in california and i wanna get into a UC (UCSB, UCLA, USC ETC) I am a sophomore in high school and i've been in the AVID program since freshman year. My question is, next year i'm considering dropping avid to take another ap class my junior year, since its the most important year. Would colleges see this move negatively or positively?

Comments

• AVID is a good extracurricular, but if you can jam more AP courses into your schedule, you should do that since UC admission evaluation heavily favors students with rigorous HS curriculum (high number of a-g and UC-approved honors/AP/IB/CC courses).

• I dream of going to Harvard too <three I suppose that your grades are well, they seem at SAT grades, but when you are making plans on re-taking it to get a greater rating- you must be high-quality. The moment paragraph you wrote approximately volunteering, physical games and movements sound spectacular. If i have been an admission officer, identification don't forget you, probably name you for an interview to study extra.

• look to c if those schools accept AP scores if not tghen dont hurt your brain trying to do it. but AVID is good b/c it shows leadership and all that good stuff lmao