will False Percula Clowns accpt Condy's or BTA's?

I have several BTA's and some purple tip Condy's but I am not sure if they will accept them....

Update:

I am not expecting them too...the BTA I didn't even want, I really wanted the big chunk of live rock that it was attached to, so now I have a BTA in my tank

Comments

• they may go for the btas, but they will not go for the condy's. That is why condy's cost less than others, they do not host clowns.

Quote from liveaquaria.com

"The Condy Anemone requires strong light and should never be purchased if a good lighting system is not in place. It will do well in an aquarium with live rock and several crustaceans. Although a Condy requires a reef environment, it is not the best suited for the reef aquarium. The Condy Anemone moves around the tank and has a sting that can inflict grave damage to other anemones and corals. Do not include its natural predators such as the Red-Leg Hermit Crab. Unlike other anemones, the Condy Anemone does not have a relationship with any particular fish, and it is rare for any type of clownfish or damsel to reside within them. "

And

"The Bulb Anemone needs strong illumination with live rock full of deep holes and crevices, or branchy corals placed in the sand. They require an aquarium of at least 30 gallons, as they can grow up to 12" across in the aquarium. These anemones will typically remain compact and will gain bulb tips under intense lighting. If the lighting is insufficient, they will expand their bodies to great lengths to make the most of the available light. It should be kept with a Clownfish for best results. At times, the tentacles may appear stringy; this may be due to insufficient light or the need for food. "

My personal opinion is you will have better luck with a tomato clown or a true perc...I know the tomatos love bta's.

• I dont personally keep clownfish, but I have heard from people who do. Since clownfish are tank raised and not wild caught, they dont need an anenome to host. Some will host different corals, and some even host powerheads, or the back glass of a tank, or pretty much any area they decide to be their territory. It is very well possible that your clowns will accept your bta's and Condy's, but it is also possible that they wont host anything at all...no matter what you offer them, theres no guarantee that they will form a relationship with it......I hope that made at least a little sense lol

Good luck

• It's my understanding that this is something relative to each individual clown. You could buy two clownfish from the same tank in the same store and one, both, or neither will host in an anemone or coral.

If you like the clowns, try them out, but don't expect them to use your anemones as hosts. That way if they do, you'll be pleasantly surprised rather than disappointed. ;)

• i have seen clowns in condy anemones but it wont occur in the wild as condies are caribbean.

BTA can work but they are a pain in my opinion.

• It is a great possibility they will accept each other