Do processors deeply effect your gaming?

I have a AMD Dual Core 4200+ (2.2ghz), and I was wondering is there any need to upgrade it? Would a new processor really make a huge difference gaming since I already have a dual core?

Comments

• Best way to increase performance is to increase RAM (memory). Also a great graphics card will help. Something with lots of RAM on it, also. To answer your question about procs and gaming; yeah they do, but you seem to have a pretty powerful processor now. There are only very few games that will push your pc beyond its capabilities if you have enough RAM and a great graphics card.

• dual core processors are the best to use for gaming, you can get like 4-5 more frames per second. the video card is the main factor you want to look at. get somthing with a nVivia 5000+ GPU.

• Tofu's got it. That's a nice enough processor that upgrading it would be pointless, you wouldn't see much difference. Video cards are the deciding factor in game quality these days.

• That should be enough, you gain more performance from your choice of video card selection