Do VGA to S-Video cables work?

i have a compaq presario CQ60-418DX notebook and i recently purchased a vga to s-video cable to plug into my tv, but when i plugged all the cables in, the picture did not show up on my tv. am i doing something wrong or do the cables just not work?

Comments

• that element you acquire is geared up to handle an S-video cable which would be male on the two ends of the cable. same with the RCA cables which would be male on the two ends of the RCA cable. whether or no longer it works im uncertain ive on no account used one yet i could STRONGLY propose you supply it a attempt!!! only plug your doo-hicky there, into your computing device then run S-video cables from the doo-hicky to the ins on the back of the television... as a procedures because of the fact the RCA ...I dont think of you may pull sound out of your VGA output on your computing device....its all related to the outputs and inputs and somewhat trial and mistake. take care of any Audio Video undertaking like lego...only gotta make the products extra healthful... superb.

• S-video have two signals going through the cable -Sync and color. The sync signal carries information about how bright each pixel shall be, and the color signal is for the color of each pixel.

VGA has a much better signal quality going at higher frequencies, in addition it has seven different signals going through the cable: Sync and intensity for each color (red, green, blue) plus a "resolution signal" that tells the screen what resolution to operate at.

So as you see, theese standards will never work together

• I think I've seen converters that somewhat "work", only if you set the resolution to 640x480 and the display to 60Hz. (Actually, NTSC TVs are 576i, and you should also try 30Hz).

Btw, if you manage to make it work, text will be almost unreadable, even if used on an HDTV set. That's why many HDMI sets include a VGA connector (on mine it's called a "PC" cable).

• Change the input on your TV as well as press the windows key ( it looks like the windows logo on the keyboard ) and the letter P until something shows up on the screen

• The cables don't work. You cannot do that kind of connection without some kind of converter box.

• you have to go in control panel and run the

multiple monitors wizard

if you have nvidia its in the nvidia app

i am ignorant on ati but it is likely similar