Ladies... Do you prefer a male or female ob/gyn?

i have always had a man, not many options where I'm from, but we are moving to the city and I'm looking for a new doc. Looking for opinions on male or female gynecologists

Comments

• I've personally had better experience with the male one I've had than the two female ones I've had. So I was gonna say I prefer male.

But after reading all of these answers I don't think Gender has anything to do with it... there are good and bad gynecologists in both genders.

So maybe you can look on the internet of doctors who you find and see if there are good and bad reviews on them on rate a doctor-type sites.

• I prefer male ob/gyns. I have noticed they are more sympathetic and gentle about the way they do exams etc. when the women i have had make me feel uncomfortable and dont care if they hurt u. I guess they feel like they r women so its not that bad.. Idk i was uncomfortable at first to have a man down there looking but hey my doctor is amazing and he is very respectful. Whats funny is my husband says its up to me bcuz he has seen the females hurt me and just wants me to be comfortable. Also my doctor is said to be the best in our city for delivering babies, especially if u need an emergency c section. Everyone i know goes to him and i recommend him to everyone.

• Out of my six pregnancies I only went to a female for one. I thought that she'd be great but she was terrible. She hurt me a lot during exams and she even tried to open my cervix during an exam with no warning. The male docs I have been to have been very empathetic and understanding...even apologetic about my discomfort. I would pick a male.

• I prefer female practitioners, and I prefer to see Certified Nurse Midwives or Nurse Practitioners rather than OB/GYNs for most of my care. I find they typically give more personalized, holistic care compared to most physicians. There are always exceptions, of course. You need to go with whomever you feel the most comfortable with, and other people's preference of gender doesn't matter, it's what is important for you. Good luck.

• Male. I always thought I'd prefer female but the three I had were HORRIBLE. They don't care if they hurt you and think everything you say is just you overreacting. I'm not saying ALL females are this way, just the ones I had. My male obgyn is amazing. He delivered my first and two of my sisters kids. Sadly he wasn't there for my second, hopefully he is for this one.

• I'm more comfortable with a female. And I love men it's just when it comes to medical stuff.down there I prefer a.woman :)

• I think a man with big banana fingers is the way to go. You get more for your money.

• No preference as long as they know what they're doing.

• female...smaller hands :)