Windows Vista Anytime Upgrade?

I just installed the windows vista anytime upgrade on my laptop and now it s conciderably slower. I already had vista on my computer but I guess I just upgraded to a newer version. Is there a reason why my computer is so slow, and can I fix it?

Comments

• Vista is a MASSIVE Resource Hog just chock FULL of BLOAT!!!

Wipe out Vista altogether and go back to XP...

uh... BETTER yet, give Linux a spin!

http://www.linux.org/

Find a Linux User Group near you to attend by using the User Group button at the lower left of the above page. The LUG I attend gave me two different Linux Distros on Bootable CDs to check out and two CRT monitors the very first night I attended a meeting!!! I'm learning a LOT from them!!!

http://distrowatch.com/

Will tell you even more info and links to the different Distros.

• What version did you upgrade to, and from what version did you upgrade from? If you were using Basic, and upgraded to Premium with the Areo user interace, it is possible you do not have the minimum requirements to run it properly and this is slowing your system down.

Check what resources your system has and compare them to the minimum requirements. Did you first run the Upgrade Advisor? This is a free tool you get from the Vista Upgrade site at the Micrsoft website.

The most likely culprits are your Memory, Video Card, and your Processor. If it is memory, try using Ready Boost and see if that helps your performance. If it does, consider adding more RAM. If this does not fix it or only fixes it some, try installing a new, more powerful video card. At last resort, see if a new processor will do the trick.

It is true that Vista requires much more resources than previous versions. However, this has been well documented and so each user has a choice to use or not to use. I personally am preparing for Vista Ultimate and am building my system from the ground up. I may not keep my Vista OS after I use it a bit, but I am going to give it a shot.

Every OS requires a period of adjustment. Once we give it that time and we still are just not liking it we have the option of going to a different platform, or down grading to XP.

I am tired of people who wish to force their experiance down the throats of others. If somebody didn't like it fine, that is that persons experiance. However, for each person who doesn't like it there are several who do.

This is why we have options. This is why we have all the version of linux out there and the Apple platform. If one is not preferable, there are choices and one of them will fit the bill.

It sounds like you like Vista as you upgraded to a more feature rich version. You just need to find out why it has slowed down and fix the issue. Drivers which work for XP will not work for Vista, so make sure you have the proper drivers for your version of Vista. Server 2003 drivers often do work with Vista, so just do your research and you should be fine.

It probably just needs more memory. This depends on the types of programs you use and how many you like having running at one time. Everyone is different. If you use grapics programs such as video/photo suites, or CD/DVD authoring software or CAD software, etc, you need more memory and graphic card power.

Good luck in finding exactly which resources you need to upgrade and have a nice day.

• It is probably slow because of the higher system requirements of vista. I would suggest 1GB or 2 of ram before you think about installing it. While it is possible to install it on only 512kb of ram Vista would run much slower. Also it is very graphic intensive, turn off some of the pretty graphics and things will also speed up

below are two links you might find helpful