Windows xp, windows vista upgrade disk?

I have windows xp but i have this windows vista upgrade cd. I cant upgrade my windows xp with this cd can i?

Comments

• Yes, a Windows Vista upgrade disc would upgrade your current copy of Windows XP to Windows Vista. With your Windows XP already booted to the desktop, insert the Windows Vista Upgrade disc, and an autorun menu should pop up. You can then follow the onscreen instructions within the setup menu to easily upgrade to Windows Vista. Enter your license key, customize settings, and you should be on your way to Windows Vista. Before you upgrade, make sure you computer meets the Windows Vista hardware requirements, which can be found here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/get...

Good Luck. Hope this helps. Email me for more assistance.

• As suggested, in Windows, insert the CD and it should autorun and you follow the instructions.

Side note: Certain versions of XP require certain version of Vista to update with.

Side note: If the Upgrade cd key has already been used, upgrading will not work until you have another key.

• you may attempt downloading a torrent of Vista straight forward, burning it (it relatively is going to be an iso, so burn it as a picture, no longer as a document) to a disk, then setting up it. in case you opt to danger downloading a virulent disease. Or discover somebody with Vista straight forward and borrow the disk. when you consider which you will be using the unique Activation code, it is going to in all danger artwork. (It relies upon on how the producer set issues up.) In the two case you will would desire to get carry of the drivers from the producer's website. the right way, of direction, is to purchase a disk from the producer. they are low priced, when you consider that they are in a position for use purely on that one computing device. then you somewhat get the unique setting up, drivers, added courses, etc. i could propose, nonetheless, which you improve the computing device to abode windows 7. Vista grew to become into, in result, a buggy pre-launch of seven. it will value extra, however the computing device will artwork so plenty extra useful. (i will comprehend downgrading Vista to XP - in maximum cases it led to an progression in overall performance. Upgrading to 7 could have carried out an identical element.)

• If you are talking about the disk that comes with a Vista machine that allows you to upgrade Vista Basic to lets say Vista Home Pre., then no, that disk will not upgrade XP to Vista.

• Yes.

Insert cd/dvd into drive and follow the on screen instructions.

• Try it. you would know if it is possible or not.

If it is not compatible you would know in the beginning. Nothing on your computer would be changed, so go ahead and try it.