Why does data disappear from Excel cells temporarily?

I work in excel a great deal, and often while I'm working I'll notice cells that contain >Update:

The data that disappears can be words or even two digit numbers so too much data shouldn't be an issue.

Comments

• have u typed in a formulae by any chance? also, drag the column a little wider, have u tried that?

• Looking around it seems like this may be a problem with a dual-screen setup.

See if the file works on another computer using the same OS and Office 2007. If it does, the problem is with some setting on your computer. If it still doesn't work, the problem might be in Vista, Excel 2007, or the file.

• XL2007 has lots of sheet formatting templates (multicoloured too) that do what you want, yet no longer having 2007 on my computing gadget can't component you to the place they are yet i be conscious of they are on between the ribbons recommend Formatting or types. The =MOD(ROW(),2)=a million could be utilized to the rows no longer purely the cells you will have highlighted, decide on the full sheet till now utilising the format.