Mac os x problems?

I have a an iMac with mac os x 10.3.Unfortunately,i forgot my password and i dont have the cd's for mac os x 10.4 and im dead broke.I only have a mac os 9.How can i install it on my iMac with mac os x 10.3

Comments

• put your CD on to drive, restart you MAC, the installation will begin. Follow instructions appear.

There are many small steps to follow. So, I only tell the basics.

• You can install OS 9 by restarting with the OS 9 CD in the drive while holding the "C" key but you should be able to restore use of OS X without installing OS 9.

If you don't have the OS X install CDs, you can delete the netinfo database and delete a file called AppleSetupDone. Then when you restart, the Mac will open the same setup program that appeared when your computer was new. You can create a new account from scratch. But it will make the old account a "Deleted User" and put all of your old personal data into a disk image file. That's a bit inconvenient but, in theory, nothing is actually lost.

To do this, go to the web link below and find the section "III. Restoring from defaults ". Restart and hold two keys together: Command key (has an Apple logo and/or the 4-leaf clover-like symbol) and the "S" key. That starts the Mac in "Single-user mode". You'll know you are seeing single-user mode because the screen will fill up with white geeky text on a black background. Release the two keys when you see this. Wait until the last line remains unchanged for at least 30 seconds so you are sure it is fully loaded. Then go ahead with the steps in the article below.

As with all computer stuff, you could still loose data so if you don't have your data backed up, kick yourself three times and be sure to backup your data from this point forward. And don't complain to anyone except yourself if you loose data.