How do I translate this into proper English (American)?

I am translating a sentence from mandarn Chinese to American English and I am hoping one of you can help me. The part I am having trouble translating into English is the literal phrase of, "Zhang Mrs. Doctor." Please keep in mind that this is a form of addressing this woman. I would translate it as Dr. Zhang. Should I leave out the "Mrs." or include it somewhere? Thanks. :)

Comments

• Leave out the Mrs. altogether, no matter what gender, when a person gets a doctorate, they will always be addressed as Dr. So only say Dr. Zhang.

• You should just say Dr. Zhang. Dr. Can always be referred to Women Or Men, so there is no need of adding in the Mrs. Or Miss or Ms.

• Dr. Zhang. It's not a matter of mutual exclusivity, it's about the "Mrs" being redundant.

I can imagine the speaker using "mrs doctor" in the sense of "女醫生" which = woman女 doctor醫生 = "a female doctor". There's a cultural thing in all this I think.

It's like how the French loves to sexualise things e.g. "directeur / directrice".

• So far as I know, only the Germans address Frau, Doktor, Professor, etc; whatever other titles can be attached in a string.. . maybe Graf oder von der oberhaus. Hard for us to figure because we never had an aristocracy.

MS. ZHANG is proper in American usage.

• I’m Jennifer, a native Chinese teacher from Beijing China.

You just should say “Dr. Zhang.” Dr. can always be referred to women or men, and we don’t need to add “Mrs.” Actually, this is a kind of salutations in communication. Please see below.

Address someone with "his/her surname + title." For example: “王经理 (Wánɡ jīnɡlǐ) Manager Wang” and “李主任 (Lǐ zhǔrèn) Director Li.”

Are you interested in learning more about Chinese salutations; you may visit http://resources.echineselearning.com/business/bus... to learn more.

If you still got any Chinese related questions, please feel free to contact me at [email protected]. And I’m very happy to hear from you.

• um...yeah...perhaps the factor is that i individually could desire to learn via fact i haven't studied a factor this 365 days (i haven't studied something this 365 days) and that i choose to style of smash loose this summer season "you recognize" (do you comprehend what i'm asserting) haha yea nicely then see you on monday