desktop vs notebook?

i curantly have an desktop computer and thinking of getting an notebook is this an bad decision i would like to know what other people perfer

Update:

does anyone miss having an scree size of 19 in over 17 that is the bigest on an notebook i have seen unless you want to get an 20 and if you hook an moniter up to it you ought get an notebook like your thoughts

Comments

• depends on what you use it for? IF you're a gamer then you have to shell out some $$$ for a notebook whereas a desktop is much much less expensive. If you're just checking email and myspace then get a laptop. Then you can check myspace when you're out and about or by your pool.

Desktops last longer and have less issues but it's really what you're wanting to use it for.

• Dear, I always had used desktop since last 15 years. I recently bought a laptop and since then i got addicted to it. The feeling of having laptop is so good because its so thin and light and can be moved to any where unlike a desktop which occupy so much of space. Previously when ever i had to work on my computer(desktop) i had to stick to my computer table but now having a laptop i can do my work any where in the bedroom, tv lounge, kitchen, garden etc. Even I often take it to my office because its so handy yet much powerful. After having been with a laptop for a year it seems like a nitemare to again switch back to desktop. Only thing is that its little expensive as compared to desktop but no match to the convenience and ease you get, it pay the price. Hope you would also get addicted to it once you buy it.

TC, Bye

• Notebooks and laptops are a similar. Years in the past the 1st transportable computers have been suggested as luggables, then laptops, now the distributors choose a extra formal call and phone them notebooks. those all are self contained instruments that are undemanding to hold around. computers are larger, have exterior keyboards and an exterior video exhibit and are meant to be table certain in one area. Laptops have a tendency to be extra high priced that computers and laptops are no longer as truly upgradeable.

• I've had a Dell desktop my whole life, but recently I bought a MacBook Pro [I needed it for college] and it was a great transition. It's nice to be able to carry my work around with me, and so many restaurants/shops have a wireless internet connection that you can usually find a connection anywhere. I don't think that I'd ever go back to a desktop.

• how many places would you go with it? if you travel a lot or work in a bunch of different places, it makes sense. if you just want a computer in two places, its cheaper to build two desktops than to buy a laptop with the same specs.

• depends what you use it for

Gaming = Desktop

Other =Notebook, (Macbook is ideal)