Video Card/Aero problems?

I recently restored my computer back to factory settings.

And now I'm running into the Aero problem where my computer appearance is using Windows Basic, and I want the one that let's you change the colours of your toolbar and such.

But every time I troubleshoot the Aero effects, I get this message:

"The current video card may support Aero with a driver that is compliant with the Windows Display Driver Model. Contact the manufacturer of your computer or video card for a WDDM-compatible driver."

What the hell. My aero effects worked perfectly fine before I restored my computer. And I remember running into this problem before but I used to ignore it and it would fix itself after a few hours or after a restart. But this hasn't fixed itself yet, and not even after a restart.

I'm not a computer person at all. So what the hell is a video card driver? And how can I fix this without having contacting some random about such a stupid, small problem.

Update:

Thanks Vomit for the good advice, BUT, I have low understanding of computers. What even IS a driver, and how the hell do I know what to download? And what the hell is a third part driver? I don't even know what a driver IS, please explain.

Comments

• Head over to the manufacturer's website (ie, Dell, HP, etc) and download the proper video driver. If you have a third party video card, get it from AMD or Nvidia.

• the video card driver is a software make your graphic card work well on your computer. You have two choice.

1) Go to the computer manufacturer's website, and download the latest video card driver for your computer

2) If you are using the AMD or Nvidia video card driver, you can go to the following website. I often find the proper driver in this website. Here is the video card driver download links in the following. Hope it is helpful.