Do you realize Toronto dont feels like Canada?

If you walk in streets of Toronto you will feel like you are in some Asian country like China,Korea,India,Pakistan,Iran or Philippines.

& seriously whats with so many signs in korean,chinese,arabic etc??

Most of Toronto dont look Western any more :(

Update:

@sin:Its same everywhere you go in Toronto and some areas such as eglinton west feel like Jamaica,and seriously those parts dont look like part of a 1st world country.

I was in eglinton west and there was trash all over the place and area sure looked like some area of Kingston Jamaica

Comments

• I've been to Koreatown in Christie and it is nothing like anywhere in Korea. How do I know? because I am Korean-Canadian. Born in Seoul. Believe me, Seoul is much cleaner than Toronto.

Toronto being littered with garbage has nothing to do with the minorities. You bigoted fool. It is low consciousness of citizens of Toronto that choose to litter. And the mis-management of the city council that does nothing about it. I can go out in the streets and I can find plenty of white Canadian that litter cigarette butts and pop cans.

What's with foreign language signs? Everywhere I've been in Toronto, there is usually english beside or below the foreign language signs. I'm sure there is law that prohibits that businesses cannot exclude a customer based on language barrier. I don't know why it seems to matter to you. I see white Canadians eat in Korean and Chinese restaurants all the time and they don't seem to have problem with them regarding language issues. Does Toronto necessarily have to look Western to you everywhere? The whole country is made up of immigrants. British and French came and settled... They brought their culture with them.

Does it bother you that Toronto is multicultural city? Maybe, you should go live in small town where there are fewer minorities.

Probably save big bucks for small minded people like you who struggle with life about anything.

• Then you should be right at home then because it sure sounds like you came from somewhere else. Its "Toronto DOESN'T FEEL like Canada"

And speaking as someone who has resided in India and who has visited China, South Korea and Pakistan (from the list of countries you mentioned) as well as 17 other countries you have not mentioned, I hardly think Toronto is like cities in any of those countries. Toronto IS however a multicultural city where people of many races can live together in harmony. Well, almost in harmony because obviously YOU don't appreciate it all.

• Yes Toronto is the most foreign city in Canada. It is not as foreign than Winnipeg,London, Guelph, Barrie. However it is part of Canada and still has lots of people like me that were actually born in this country.Letting in most of those immigrants was good for Toronto and good for Canada. Italians especially have done well here, as have Chinese, Greeks, Portuguese and many others.

I have been all over Toronto. None of it looks third world.

• Firstly learn how how to speak and write in English, secondly you are an idiot, what does Yonge and Dundas square look like to you or the Financial district or Entertainment district, guess you`ve never been around Toronto, every major city has different neighbourhoods, Greek town, Little Italy, China Town, Caribbean etc, you can find this in cities all over the world, Toronto, Montreal, New York, London, Chicago, Los Angeles, Vancouver etc etc. Get with times.

Ps your question makes you look incredibly racist.

• Eh. i'd say option 2. To be straightforward, i'm getting the position you're coming from. i'm a pupil, each and anyone i have met interior the purely perfect 2 years sees having relaxing in a similar gentle, i.e., alcohol, activities, shops, bitching about others. i do not recommendations the 0.33..it will be relaxing, yet once you're doing a similar crap over and yet again, it really is boring. The beef/alcohol ingredient, purely tell them. maximum individuals comprehend Muslims do not do this (nicely maximum muslims i comprehend are pleased with alcohol.. ) yet yeah, enable them comprehend. i don't think of you may say no longer something, because often times human beings take it as a 'they don't like us/do not opt to loiter round' then provide up. So my opinion is that you'll tell them. they could opt to do diverse stuff and also you may dangle out with them :) g'luck!

• let me guess, you were on Spadina?

this is not a Toronto problem, this is a big city problem. if you went to NYC it would be the same thing. Toronto is a very multicultural and diverse city and that is whats so great about it. yes, its dirty and stinky but what can you expect with so many people living there? everyone loves (or hates) the city for different reasons. i love it for its excitement and diversity and i can get over the smells and the trash, it doesn't bother me. there are other parts of the city that are beautiful if beauty is what your after.

• Yea, big cities in North America are like that. But go to Montreal & Vancouver and you'll get that "feel" once again.

• Toronto is a wonderful multiculturally diverse city and something to be proud of.Experiencing other cultures is something we shouldn't miss out on.

• Say what?

Canada's the immigration nation that pioneered Multiculturalism.

Canada is supposed to be Everyone from Everywhere.

That's how you know it's Canada.

So I hate to break it to you but if you thought otherwise, you thought wrong.

• Wow you've obviously never been to...well, anywhere in the city.