How do I tell if my silverado engine is a 4.8 or 5.3?

Today I just bought a 2000 Chevy silverado 1500 and I know it's a v8 but how do I know what engine it is

Update:

I'm not sure if it came with a manual, the dealership didn't give me anything except the keys

Comments

• ok to easy, pop the hood, right around the radiator support or under the hood in front will be an emissions sticker. it has your engine size, as well as plug gap,and emissions systems and year of compliance. if your a non mechanic, this works for most any stock vehicle, but 70's models the sticker can be on the engine.

• Harry is spot on.

FYI, you can also open the glove box and find a sticker with what is called RPO codes. It lists all of the options and configurations of your truck from the factory. It is basically and assembly line build code sheet.

Easiest thing to do is take a picture of the sticker then jump on line and search for Chevy RPO codes. Fun facts to find out rear end ratios and such.

• someone-friendly subject for emissions is the EGR valve. they at the instant are not constantly undesirable, yet they gets blocked with deposits combating them from establishing or ultimate thoroughly whilst required. This subject will additionally reason decrease gasoline mileage and a coarse working engine. it has got rid of and wiped clean whether it remains solid. a nasty or vulnerable O2 sensor could reason the PCM to make a incorrect gasoline ratio adjustment and effect gasoline economic device. this could reason a gasoline device correct DTC to set.

• I believe the v8 should have a 5.3L while the standard v6 has a 4.3L.

Also check the manual in the glove compartment.

• Right under the hood on the top radiator plastic cover. It'll either say 4.8litres or 5.3

• Check you manual it should be in the glove compartment. And look on the first page or under engine.

• The VIN will tell you everything. You can type in your VIN & Google it. There are places that can decode it & tell you what it has & what options are equipped on it as well