gynocological problem?

my friend had a gyno visit today and she is now experiencing heavy bleeding and she is nauseous. i advised her to call the emergency after hours number. is this unusual?

Comments

• If she was there for a physical, she would have had her pap smear, which you are prep for visualization of the cervix . Your doctor or practitioner assess the appearance and color of the cervix. The cervix is round to shape and pink to appearance, with a hollow center which the doctor will use a wooden equipment to scrape the hollow center of the cervix this can be a little uncomfortable but not excruciating. After the procedure you may or may not notice cramping and some spotting or maybe slight bleeding. This is normal but heavy bleeding or feeling of nausea should be reported to your medical doctor. Elevate your legs and expect for your doctor's response. I know no one that looks forward to having a physical but its important to maintain and also help detect abnormalities or disease. Also, assessing the cervix can give indication of pregnancy. But heavy bleeding and nausea should be reported, note the number of pads used and if any vomiting occurs and how long the bleeding last. Report your symptoms or any concerns because you're the patient and your health is important to you and your healthcare provider. Take care! therapist#one

• She needs to be seen immediately. A small amount of spotting is normal, but heavy bleeding and nausea isn't normal at all.

• It is usually common with certain procedures, If it is heavy bleeding she should go to the emergency room. good luck

• A small amount of bleeding is normal, not heavy bleeding. You have given her good advice, I hope she takes it.

• Yeah, get on that. why are you on here, GO!