Teens: Do you play a musical instrument?

If yes, what can you play? And what grade?

I play a lot of things, but my main two instruments are the piano and the flute. I'm grade 5/6 on the flute, and grade 7 on the piano :) I play some other instruments at about grade 2-4 level :P

BQ: If you could learn to play any instrument, what would you learn to play?

Thanks (: x

Comments

• Bass guitar

BQ: I've always liked the idea of playing the piano :P

• I play quite a few too:

recorder :p (grade 2) - played from ages 5-8

Piano (grade 5)- played from ages 7-13

Cello (grade 4)- played from ages 8-12

bass guitar (grade 3)- only played since i was 13, im 14 now

voice (grade 2)- had singing lessons aged 8-10

some basic acoustic guitar and drums

yeah so that's it! the only instrument i still do grades in is bass guitar, but i dont work on them very often, i mostly play tab :) and i do a bit of piano still too, mostly classical pieces at about grade 3 standard

yeah i ♥ music ♫ :p

bq: id love to be able to play drums properly, and id also love to do the rest of the piano grades, which i plan on continuing next year :)

• I've played the flute since I was 6 and I'm now 18 so a long time. I never took exams for it, it was a hobby only thing. I'd have to ask my teacher what grade equivalent I'd be.

I'd love to learn the cello and muck around on the acoustic guitar and piano a little.

• I play the cello and have done since primary 4 (age 7) and I'm going to S2 in a few weeks (age 12). I was meant to be doing my grade 4 soon but don't want to so I'll probably do grade 5 next year (I did grade 3 in primary 7 (age 11)).

BQ: I really want to learn how to play the piano and guitar properly (I've been trying to teach myself guitar since February and I'm coming on ok and I play keyboard at school but I cant do chords or anything with my left hand properly!) and I'd love to play violin or viola.

• I am a level 8 in piano. I have been playing forever but I stopped taking lessons when I was 15(I am now 17). We have a piano in the house and I play sometimes but I don't love it as much as I used to.

I taught myself how to play the acoustic guitar and I know how to play the ukelele. I really love the sound of the ukelele and I got one when I was like 4 from my grandma and I have been playing on and off since then. I never took any lessons in guitar or ukelele but I can play a lot of songs on them.

BQ: Drums. My mom would be pretty mad though because she doesn't like that kind of noise.

• I play violin grade 2/3 level (playing for 5 years) ♪

BQ: Piano!!! ♫♫♫

• I play the saxophone. I don't know exactly what you mean by which grade but I have been playing it for 6 years and am in pep and marching band as well as Concert and Jazz band. Of all instruments, I would love to play piano or tuba.

• Recorder :p

I play the piano to grade 4, I'd love to play the violin and the voila.

• Lucky!! I want to learn the drums so bad! Right now though, I play electric/acoustic guitar, bass guitar, piano & I sing. I have two hours of music lessons a week (half hour each) and I love it! It's so much fun!