Do chocolate bunnies expire?

I know this probably an idiotic question. I have a chocolate bunny and can't find an expiration date. Only thing I have found was a copyright date of 2002. I feel concerned about eating something that is 6 years old.

Comments

• The copyright date is probably for the logo or artwork on the box, probably not the manufacture date. Chocolate has a very long shelf life. My kids make their Christmas and Easter candy last for many months and I know I've eaten something from a holiday previous and it was okay. If it is stale it will taste funny but it won't make you sick.

• It turns whiteish when bad, I think.

But it might not be 6 years old, the copyright date is not the day it was made, it's either the day the box was made or the day the company started making chocolate bunnies (for the very first time). If it looks normal, I say try it. You can always spit it out.

• well every food expires... some quicker than other but i think you should eat the bunny it takes a long time for chocolate to expire...

and also it depends on when you bought it i mean if it was six years ago then throw it away..

• I think chocolate anything expires. I think it turns like a chalk white when it is bad though. You might be alright if looks like the fresh brown that chocolate is supposed to look like.

• It the chocolate looks white and chalky when you open it it is a bad bad bunny.

• Yes they do expire but who keeps chocolate around long enough for it to expire? lol.

• You shouldnt be concerned... Chocolate doesnt really contain anything that would kill you if it had gone bad... It might taste a little chalky and gross.. but thats just a sign that its stale and you shouldnt eat it (unless you like how it tastes?)

• Chocolate bunnies never die -

They just melt away....

• When in doubt, don't eat it. Just get another one today; everything is on clearance!