F88 Austeyr, M4A1, AK47 or FAMAS?

I personally belie the f 88 is the best but...

Update:

If you don't know what an F88 is, look it up. It's the standard issue for Australians and has less recoil than the M4, is more accurate, easier to maintain and can be changed.

Comments

• F88? Hmm...it's a curious specimen...nothing *inherently* wrong with it, most first time shooters score higher with the steyr design than the AR15, though it's certainly heavier than the AR15 and you can feel it (3.7kgs unloaded 4.1 loaded versus 2.8 - 3kgs unloaded).

There's a curious phenomenon we encountered when first using the steyr in that after weapons handling we all emerged with cut up knuckles...something that still happens every now and then when your hand bumps the rail as you charge the weapon. Never got that with the marine M4s. Then there is the *minor* issue of no bolt release on steyr. You must tap the cocking handle forward whereas the AR15 has a bolt release.

Accuracy for point targets is pretty similar, felt recoil is a bit more with the steyr if you ask me.

All in all, the effectiveness of your weapon depends on your training and comfort level.

PS: Oh and I wouldn't be so quick to say it's easy to maintain! It took me 18 hours to get mine in inspection order, about 8 hours to get it *sorta* clean. Even then someone will still find carbon somewhere!

• It is pointless to ask this sort of question because ...... I disagree and think the M4 is the best.

Besides, you will never carry any of them except in video games, so what difference does it make?

• By what criteria? This is not how weapons are evaluated in the real world.