how to transform a bedroom into a closet?

in moving into a new house and it has 3 large bedrooms, my husbands making one room into a workout room and im making the other room into a huge walk in closet, and i dont know where to start, the room all ready has a large walk in closet and in thinking about making that a dressing room, with mirrors all around, any ideas on how to make the room appear more closet like, i want it to be my own room iv all ways wanted a huge closet like the rich people on tv and nows my chance! im just stuck on where to go from here.

Comments

• I guess the question is, if you have plenty of room in the walk-in closet, do you still have so much stuff that the room is actually necessary? I would consider another option: A lounge, just for you. It can function as a "get ready" room, with plenty of floor mirrors, a vanity with lots of light, a comfortable chair to sit down on when dressing, a lingerie chest, a jewelry chest... You get the idea. If you turn it into a closet, it will always be that--a closet. It will FEEL like a closet. But if you make it a dressing room, it will feel more like a sanctuary, a place to read a book, take a nap, etc. Consider warm tones like shell pink, soft yellows, even a calming color like orange.

• If you really want to do that then I would suggest you go to your local home improvement store (Lowe's, Home Depot, etc.) then buy shelving & mirrors ....they've got TONS of choices. Put the shelving up on the walls in the room & the mirrors up on the walls in that room's closet. There ya go! =o) That actually sounds like fun even though I wouldn't know what to do with a closet that big HEHE. If you would rather not do what I suggested then I would highly recommend doing what the next user suggested....a lounge & get ready room!! That sounds like the perfect idea!! Either way, have fun & good luck!!

• how about putting closet shelving on one side of the room for hanging clothes, then some closet storage on the other for folded items, shoes and jewelry. target has some great closet furniture that would make it look really professional. put a wall mirror on a middle wall and get a dressing table. that sounds like a blast!

• wow you must have a lotta things. you should google californiaclosets