how do you know if a baptism certificate is real or not?

i know the certificates have something written on them like

this is to certify that ________ got baptized on the ______ of ________ in the year of ______.

godparents _______ and ______

sponsers ________ and __________ and __________

baptized by reverend_______

in the church of ________

but what exactly are the sponsers in a baptizism? and what are the witnesses? arent there a lot? and what kind of name would you put for a reverand? name an example.

and back to my question, how do you know if theyre real or not? do they have some kind of invisible thing like when you put a money bill in the light you can tell if its fake or not? or does it have a stamp when its certified or just a picture of the logo of the church? could the stamp just have the logo of the church? or do all of them have a stamp on them too? like a stamp u put on it with ink? and also name an example of what is a witness, sponser, and reverend. and also, who or what is parish? is it the same thing as a reverend?

Comments

• LOL When I was younger, my parents just photocopied my younger brother's certificate and change it for my name so we could go to a Catholic school since I was the only kid out of 4 who never got baptized.

Good ol' Catholic parents. ;0)

• Fake Baptismal Certificate

• Usually in a Catholic baptism it will state the parish and the priest and the God parents. There is usually a church stamp kind of like one used for a notary.In Catholic baptisms the God parent is the sponsor. Unless you become Catholic through RCIA then you are a sponsor.

• A cleansing baptism is when a person is immersed in flowing (living) water like a river or something. I don't know why people do it in pools. Otherwise if the water is stagnant than it is more likely to be polluted

• most of my baptised children do not even have one of these,i never said any of my children needed this silly piece of papper,you are baptised by my decipals and no one needs a certificate to ever prove it,shute i will wave my hand right now in your direction and you are now baptised and in my book of life,who will challenge me?hears a blessing,a prayer and a our father said just for you,practice the holy rosary,practice makes perfect,we love you all,the holy family.

• If you drop some holy water on it, a small image of Jesus will appear and give you a thumbs up.

Like this:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.phu...