How do you cook cabbage?

It sounds like a stupid question, but I'm only 15 so its not something I've cooked before. My mum is at work and she's asked me to start dinner (Pork chops, roast potatoes, petit pois and cabbage) but I have no idea how to cook cabbage! Please help? There must be a million ways but the easiest way would be best. Thank you!

Comments

• Cut the cabbage in half and cut out the core (that bottom tough bit) with a triangular looking cut. Shred the cabbage (you will probably only need 1/2 the head) using a large knife and a cutting board. Add 2-3 tablespoons of butter or olive oil to a large lidded frying pan until hot (on medium heat). Add your cabbage, 1-2 tablespoons of sugar (to take away the bitterness), and salt and pepper. If you have some white wine, add about a 1/4 of a cup, if not just use water, stock, apple juice, or beer. Stir and cover with the lid. Cook until soft, about 15 min. Add salt and pepper to taste. Finish with some lemon juice and parsley if you feel like it. Bacon is a great thing to add but it is optional.

• You can stir-fry it: heat oil in a pan, chop the cabbage into manageable pieces, fry them until they turn bright green, make sure it doesn't burn

You can steam them: chop the cabbage the same, add them to a pan with a bit of water, heat it up til the water begins to boil, cook until it turns bright green - Make sure the water does not evaporate before the cabbage is cooked, if you add too much water just drain it

• okay so this is the easiest way.. first heat some oil and then put a little bit of cumin seeds .. then slice some cabbage... after that add some salt and tumeric.. then cook it for about 10-15 minutes. i hope this helps.. (while cooking, cover the cabbage for like 5 min)...

• Boil some water over the stove

Put the cabbage in the water

COOK

gl

• remove the core and cut into chunks, place in a pot with some beef broth and cook until tender.