How do you miss a fairway short?

If the fairway starts after the tee box, then how can you hit it short? When keeping statistics, if I skull a shot and it rolls 20 yards, does that count as hitting the fairway? I tend to want to put that I was short, but in all actuality I am on the fairway. But, that will have my stats a little misleading.

Comments

• after i am 7 over on the front side, i stop keeping score. i kept score in the following manner

#1 FG fairway in reg. green reachable in the fairway, X missed the fairway how Pl pulled

GR green in reg. on the green, X missed green sk

P2 two putts P3 or P4 L bad lag Pl PH(push)

by adding up the data you know what you have to work on, tho you know it already, its just something to do, think about remember, imagine what the score could have been.

• man maybe you should stop worring about fairways hit and start counting golf balls hit pure. That is probably a better stat for a beginner to keep than fairways. Or, you can just stop mis hitting a ball thats on a tee, with a huge face club. But who am i to judge i still shank my driver every now an again too. And dude, u never shot 2 under with 35 putts. In fact you never shot 2 under...

• Well I guess that's depending on which tee you're hitting from. If you're playing from the back tee and skull one that doesn't get to the forward tee, that's a fairway missed. However, if you're playing from the forward tee and get it too the fairway, then it's not a fairway missed.

• if your drive is in the fairway, it's in the fairway. misleading stats exist all over golf. i've had rounds with 35 putts where i shot 2 under and rounds with 20 putts where i shot 10 over. that's why the only thing that matters on your scorecard is the number of strokes you take in a round.

• Such are the dramas associated with statistical data in the professional world.