Does Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance cover Invisalign?

I was just wandering if it covers anything on it and if so how much. My parents wont pay for it so i am going to see if i can get a good payment plan since i am in college pay for it on my own. But i still am on my dads insurance and would like to see how much they will pay.

Comments

• When I tried getting Invisalign the dental insurance (BCBS) didn't cover it and it costs like $5,500 for 18 months of use.

• Invisalign Blue Cross Blue Shield

• I see this question a lot: "what is a good insurance plan for covering braces...?" They don't seem to get the concept that it is NOT really the insurance company, rather it is what benefits were chosen by the employer when they bought the plan. Many insurance carriers offer orthodontic benefit as part of a dental plan, but it costs more so some employers don't include it. April's answer is correct: if there IS a benefit, it is usually 50% up to a lifetime maximum (between $750 and $2000).

• It would be dads dental insurance. Blue shield is for medical only. Youd have to call and see, the dentists office should be able to look at the exact plan, even though many have the same ins each has its own type of coverage.

• Usually, unless it is medically necessary the ins. co. consider that a cosmetic issue. You might be able to get them to cover it, but the only way to really find out is to call the company.

• Read your policy. To my knowledge BCBS does not cover anything dental. I have a separate policy for that. Ask your dentist/orthodontist, they would have a good idea what is usually insured.

• Probably not since its not something you NEED. But check with Blue Cross, they'd know better than anyone here.