Mame - Vista problem - please help.?

I recently bought a new computer with Vista and when I try to launch Stretchmame, I get a popup box that says that MAME has detected an older version of comctl32.dll and that I need to update it on www.microsoft.com/msdownload/ieplatform/ie/comctrlx86.asp, but when I click on that link, there is nothing there

can someone help me with this?

Comments

• Mame is multiple arcade machine emulator. This helps you to play older arcade games. In vista there is a file protection system which doesnot allow system files to be rewritten. That is the reason you see the warning that there is a older version of comctl32.dll. Till date vista doesnot support older arcade games. As usual microsoft may patch it or upgrade the dll. Wait for vista service pack 1.

• Don't know if you could find an earlier version of mame if you tried. The version you speak of is like from 2003. Get MAME32 or MameFx version .117 or higher. MAME and Vista don't always play nicely together. goto the MAME homepage and then to the blog page and read all about it all.

• Download the latest version of mame - it works fine on vista.

• Hey,

Se vuoi scaricare Mame puoi scaricarlo da qua: http://bitly.com/X8cOqI

E' completamente gratis!

Alla prossima

• Use a different mame.

• He necesitado un joystick especial para la consola y porque el joystick que compre en los sitios web, para el ordenador, ha sido tan bueno, para la consola también lo compre de sitios web, el joystick ha merecido todo el dinero, que no ha sido mucho, funciona muy bien, tiene una buena precisión y además no se mueve en el juego, seguramente una compra excelente.