how do you use a gas gift card?

like is it the credit option? and is it better to pay inside or outside with it... im confused... and i know im sounding really stupid right now its just that i never used a gas station gift card before... i always used money... but erm yeah... any help?

Comments

• You can use it inside or at the pump...before you start pumping the gas, on the pump it gives you options, pay inside or out. To pay at the pump, choose pay outside, insert the card and then remove it, pump your gas and take the receipt the pump ejects and leave, you don't have to go inside.

To pay inside, pump your gas and they will have you slide the card and sign the receipt.

• Just swipe it at the machine outside; it will automatically register and tell you what your balance is; the pump will not let you use more than what you have available. If need more gas than what you have, then you may need to go inside, otherwise do it at the pump and save yourself the time and effort. Hope this helps =)

• It's used just like a debit/credit card.

If it's your first time using one I'd suggest taking it into the cashier, they'll swipe it and show you your remaining balance.

Cheers.

• Take it inside to the cashier first, let them know how much of it you would like to use before you pump and they can swipe it.