Do Christians make a spiritual error or a grammatical error ?

Christians say: "Jesus is God" - when it is obvious that Jesus had died.

Shouldn't the correct term be: Jesus WAS God !?

And if he "is" a God, didn't he disprove his own deity by dying like normal humans?

Which error is this: Spiritual error, grammatical error, or both?

Comments

• No error at all. God’s law requires that the blood of an innocent (sinless) man is necessary to redeem us from the penalty due us for our sins. But there has never been a sinless man because every man since Adam has inherited a sin nature that makes it impossible for us to avoid sinning. This is why God Himself had to become a man and die in our place. Otherwise any good man could have given his life in exchange for ours.

The Bible clearly states that Jesus is God in the flesh. John said so in his Gospel (John 1:1), Paul said so in Colossians 1:15-20. The writer to the Hebrews said so in Hebrews 1:3, Jesus said so in John 10:30 and John 14:9, and God Himself said so in Hebrews 1:8. In Revelation 1:8, God said, “I am the Alpha and the Omega” and in Rev. 22:13, Jesus said, “I am the Alpha and the Omega.” The only way this could be true of both is if they are one and the same.

If you're not sure what Jesus has done for you then listen to this: http://gracethrufaith.com/gift-shop/mp3-the-incomp...

And this: http://gracethrufaith.com/gift-shop/mp3-from-rags-...

• 1) Shouldn't the correct term be: Jesus WAS God !?

No. Christians believe that Jesus was resurrected - that he is alive and well and is still God.

2) And if he "is" a God, didn't he disprove his own deity by dying like normal humans?

No - of course not. Your conclusion clearly does not follow logically from the premise.

3) Which error is this: Spiritual error, grammatical error, or both?

Logical - and the errors described by you here are entirely yours.

- Jim, http://www.bible-reviews.com/

• The error lies in being unable to notice that the Christian teaching is that Jesus is NOT the Father (or vice versa). Your question supposes that Jesus is the same being as God. Not so. The Christian doctrine of the Trinity teaches that the one Being of God subsists in the persons of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. None of those three were ever created. They are eternal and co-existent within the Godhead.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing that was made was made... The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. John testifies conderning him." (John's gospel chapter 1)

The Father resurrected Christ. Christ raised himself. The Holy Spirit revitalised the body of Jesus. All three were equally involved in the resurrection of the crucified Christ. Acts 2:24, 2 Corinthians 4:14, John 10:18 & 2:19-21 and Romans 8:11.

• the answer is neither. you're thinking about this in a physical matter saying "Shouldn't the correct term be: Jesus WAS God !?" because he did die. You need to understand the whole concept from the Bible. There's God(Father) Jesus(Son) and the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is how God calls us, answers us, speaks to us and controls us IF we let him though our faith and obedience nonetheless.

As you know, God has NEVER showed himself. He wont. He created humans with the souls who are the image of Him(the soul). God put His son here to try and change the sinners around and prove to them that God does exist. God is a spritual being, whereas Jesus was a human being, until He died and was risen 3 days later. Now He is the Holy Ghost and He spreads this to the world, anyone who gets saved and start believing to live righeously and get out of this hell world of tourture.

• The whole point is that Jesus became human (was born) and then died as a human but was also resurrected as a human. That's the miracle: the conquering of death.

So Jesus was and is still because He overcame death demonstrating that His mortality was not the end, because he was God made into man.

So the present tense is appropriate within the tenets of the Christian faith.

If you do not espouse Christianity, you can use whatever tenses you want.

• I can see what you are saying, but I can say "Jesus is God" because I can understand that the nature of Jesus Christ is rather beyond our understanding. My pastor was a Philosophies of Education professor from Stanford University, and he taught us this lesson where Jesus is God, and not God, man, and not man, all at the same time. His nature defies Aristotelian logic.

• Jesus said that his sheep know his voice, and they will not follow another... If you believe he is the messiah, then you should value his teachings. Jesus didn't come to further the human rights movement. He came to save and to redeem a specific people out of this lost and dying world. As good as all the things that you love are, they cannot save you, they cannot make you right with God, and they do not take precedence over God's word.

• Well, they say that Jesus was resurrected and rose into heaven. So they claim he is still around - so Jesus is God would be correct according to their beliefs.

But if you look at what they post here they make plenty of other spiritual, grammatical and spelling errors.

• Neither, have you not read...

Psalms 82

6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

7 But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

John 12:24

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

1 Corinthians 15

20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

• No! No error. His is not dead He is risen, just as He said. He is God!