Can natural vitamins effect birth control pill??

I know this is an odd question, but I have always been on your regular store brand vitamins like Centrum or Women's Once a Day.... Since I have a low immune system and always getting sick, my doctor told me I should try all natural vitamins from a vitamin store. So I went and purchased "Natures's Plus Source of Life for Women" and Nordic Naturals Omega-3 Purified Fish Oil". Both of these bottles say to take 2 daily to get all the amounts of nourishment it has in it. Thes are all natural ingredients. I also noticed my urine is very bright or even a greenish a bit and i assume that is from the new vitamins i just started that have stronger things in them. I have been on my birth control pill for 12 years. This is the first time i started taking all natural vitamins. There is no way they can interact or effect my pill in anyway, could it?

Comments

• I suppose it's possible. I know that St. John's Wort (sometimes taken for depression) can reduce the pill's efficacy, and so can some antibiotics. I would imagine that if your doctor recommended that you take these vitamins, they wouldn't affect your birth control - at least, if that were a possibility, (s)he would have warned you about it. You might want to talk to your doctor, or, if it's easier, talk with a pharmacist. They'll be able to give you some information if it's tough to get in to see your doctor. They could also let you know if the change in your urine is anything to worry about.

• I wouldn't imagine. Your body naturally makes vitamins, just as your body naturally makes the hormones in birth control. If your really unsure talk to your doctor about it. Hope this helps and good luck.

• In the leaftet for my pill it says vitamin c pills can 'increase its (the pill) effect' but you can stil take it. I think it varies in different types of the pill maybe.