2000 Honda Accord EX Codes P1166 & P1167 Manufacturer Controlled Fuel & Air Metering?

I had my emissions done and these are the codes that came up. What are the reasons for these codes to appear? Could it be the O2 Sensor? and if it is, how do I know if it's the sensor before or after the converter? I also have my check engine light on and my exhaust has an egg smell. Does that have to do with the codes that showed up? Are there any other possibilities? Any ideas or suggestions would be really appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments

• the sensors dont make it smell that is the cat not working broken core inside from bottoming out on ground or just high miles , its like a filter in a way and will not last forever, if you have vaccum leak it will set lean airmixture code then comp. will try to make it rich and that can load up cat. upstream is b4 cat downstream is after, b1s1 is upstream, b1s2 is downstream, but if cat is not working properly it is down stream sensor that tells comp that cat is insufficient setting trouble code, yes egg smell is cat failure it must be replaced b4 sensors.

• The codes you listed are for the heater circuit of the O2 sensor. The O2 sensor has a heater in it to make it read or operate sooner than it would if you had to wait for it to heat up on its own.

Take the car to an autotech and they should be able to diagnose whether it is in the wiring to the heater of a bad sensor or a problem with the converter. The shop time to diagnose this should be about 30 minutes.

• The egg smell is the cataltic converter..A malfunctioning sensor or computer component will cause this to happen get these fixed or you will be replacing the converter which is expensive. some Auto parts stores can decode the numbers telling you what needs replaced.

• Just replace the air fuel ratio sensor (commonly called oxygen sensor)before of catalytic converter,clear MIL,perform OBD-II drive cycle to verify repair by readiness of O2 sensors monitor.That is what I would do as a professional.