Do you prefer hardwood or carpet?

I'll admit hardwood looks better, but carpet is just more welcoming and "homey" Plus it is much more comfortable to walk on. Which would you prefer for your living room?

Comments

• Hardwood is better for your health and is warm and inviting. It also gives the option of changing your area rugs for a new look without the heavy cost of wall to wall carpet.

• I used to like carpet. However once you've had carpet replaced and seen all the dirt underneath, you'd go with hardwood. No matter how often you vac. carpet, you can't get all the dust and dirt out. It's bad for allergies, and hard to keep clean. With hardwood floors all you have to do is mop. All the dirt is gone. So much easier. Yes it's warmer on your feet in winter but not worth it. The person who said cold goes up and heat down is stupid. It's the opposite, heat rises.

• Hardwood. Carpet gets dirty. A lot of people are going to be walking in your living room without taking their shoes off. Hardwood floors are much easier to clean. I think carpet is good for bedrooms.

• Hardwood!!!!! It won't be welcoming and homey when that first big stain is what your visitors see.

I just moved from a house that had hardwoods throughout. My husband and I are living in a rental home while we build our new home. The rental has carpet, and our sinus' haven't stopped running since we got here. Bet you can guess what's going in our new home. If you guessed hardwoods you are correct.

• Sure hardwood looks great but you know if you put all over house you will regret it! Because it will make your feet hurt soooooooooo bad. You need some carpet in your home!!

• Use a large area rug and get the best of both worlds. I definitely like the hardwoods better because I have a lot of company, and a lot of kids over.

• Carpet. It's easier on the feet, warmer on the feet, and warmer for the house. Heat goes down, cold goes up. Therefore, carpet is a whole lot better. Take care.

• hardwood is easier to keep clean. it is better in the living room and carpet is nicer in the bedrooms.

• Carpet can look terrific. Consider chosing a Berger style, solid color, patterned weave. Install it using thick padding for greater comfort value.