WHICH USED CAR to BUY VW PASSAT OR ACURA INTEGRA or HONDA PRELUDE?

Hey y'all

I need some help deciding which car to buy, VW PASSAT OR ACURA INTEGRA.

I really wanted to buy Integra but its hard to find one thats not been raced or in a good condition at a reasonable price.

The same is true with Honda Prelude.

My budget is around $8000.

Comments

• Get the Integra!

Preludes are seriously overpriced and overhyped.

The VW has serious reliabilty issues as does the entire VW lineup.

• I don't know where you live, but in California, good used Integra's and preludes are real easy to find. I have an integra, they are the easiest cars to tune, drive and maintain.

My 97 Integra has been with me since day 1 and the engine has well over 100,000 miles. Yet it's still a trooper. All I really do is regular oil changes and some of the factory recommended tune ups. (knock on wood) this car is very reliable. Maybe the reason they are hard to find is because people drive them forever.

Try looking on this site for more info.

www.team-integra.net

Good luck and stay away from the passat, probably VW's worst car ever made.

• Well for that money the newest Acura you can get would've been built in 2001, VW 2000, and Honda 1998. But it all depends in what you really want. It is true that its hard to find an Acura or a Honda in good condition but its not impossible. Extensive searching should reward you with a good find. Check autotrader.com for example and search for vehicles around your area. You might be surprised.

As for which car that is the best, I personally love German cars even though I've never owned one. I'd take a good look at the VW and see if there are any that aren't lemons and would still last for awhile. As mentioned earlier, you probably won't be able to get a newer VW than a 2000, that's why its important to check it out throughouly as many German cars tend to be lemons. However, I wouldn't take the Acura and the Honda out of the equation either. Which some dedication I'm sure you can find the one that's right for you. It all depends on whether you want something sporty or something built for cruising rather than racing. Good luck.

• Integra

• id go with the integra or prelude and not all integra's have been raced they only say that cuz of the fast and furious!!!

the maitance is very low cost and honda is very reliable when it comes to engines and they also get good gas mileage and you can do all the engine work your self if your willing to and have experience

• Integra GS-R!

VW is very expensive to fix when it breaks...and it will.

• Passat's have a problem eating their engines...

Integra !!!

• integra

• Hi

You can find thousands of different auction and repo cars really cheap at http://www.carauctions.co.nr/

Hope this helps