coke and mentos?

why does it work what makes it explode? That's my question Thnx for ur help have a good day.

Comments

• go to www.discovery.com and check it out in the section for Mythbusters. They did two features on it.

• Coke and Mentos experiment

Diet Coke and Mentos eruption

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

A Coke and Mentos Eruption (also known as a Mentos eruption, soda geyser or just Diet Coke and Mentos) is a reaction of Diet Coke and Mentos 'mint flavored'. The most well-known example of this reaction (among many possibilities) is the specific combination of Mentos candy and Diet Coke, typically achieved by dropping several candies into a bottle of the cola. This results in a jet of cola from the mouth of the bottle due to the rapid expanding of the carbon dioxide on the surface of the candy. Producing the reaction has become a popular science experiment and an Internet meme, with videos of eruptions and even performance art pieces being posted on websites like YouTube and Google Video.

But for those that need a visual expination heres the YOUTUBE VIDEO from the MYTHBUSTERS on how it works and why. Have fun

• there is a reaction between the caffeine and the mentos causing it to explode. I did that experiment last year and it was really cool!!

• the gum from some tree in the mentos reacts with the carbon dioxide in the coke.....or thats at least what I was always taught in science :)

• i think that theres something in the mentos that makes the soda react...but i forget

• idk but we had to make volcanoes in school s few years ago and people used that to make it explode