Is Geometry missing from my community college's Associate's Degree program?

I am interested in a career in engineering and I'm enrolled at a community college and earning my Associates degree to meet general education requirements of a university major. The college covers some geometry in their developmental/remedial/learning disabled courses and then they cover a little geometry in their college algebra class. That's it and then they move straight into trigonometry followed with 3 additional semesters of calculus. I've looked over the index of the texts used in each class leading up to trigonometry and noticed some coverage of geometry. But I know from one person I spoke to who takes courses at the school of engineering at a university and he had a separate and complete course in basic geometry in high school and then he took algebra and trigonometry in college. If engineering is my goal then should I just take the courses offered at my community college where they kind of glance over geometry...or should I take some time out and completely study a high school geometry text and then take the higher math classes offered at my community college?

Comments

• The courses at your college seem sufficient for geometry. Like, you can't move on to trig or calc without geometry and it seems like they are providing you with that coverage. When in doubt, buy a plane geometry textbook!

• to characteristic to JQuick's reaction, which has some reliable factors: ATMAE accreditation is an option to ABET accreditation. the version is that ABET is extra to the technical area, while ATMAE is a few million/2 Technical and a million/2 enterprise. the two are valid for IT. The question of no count if "self-coaching" is as reliable as "college" coaching is merely no longer settled, because of the fact there are constantly exceptions to the guideline. My experience has been diverse from JQuick's. on a similar time as i've got seen some self-taught IT techs who're fairly reliable, they have an inclination to stay on the decrease, technician levels and that they simply can not compete with college grads for promotions. additionally, if laid-off, self-taught IT techs are are much less in a position to get alternative jobs. maximum of those "for-income" colleges are so undesirable, and had which contain low attractiveness, that scholars ought to besides evaluate themselves "self-taught", different than with a severe cost ticket.

• No. Between what you learned, or should have learned, in high school geometry, and what you will glean in algebra and trigonometry in college, it more than sufficiently covers all the geometry you'll need.

• You will get enough geometry from the other math classes you take in college. I don't feel you need to spend extra time on geometry.

• Just take a geometry course. One extra course won't hurt you. If you think it'll help, then it will help.