Do dogs catch birds?

My back door was opened this morning and my dogs got out. When I woke up there was a whole bunch of freathers and a dead bird in my bedroom. Can dogs catch birds?

Update:

I have a cocker spaniel and a bichon.

Comments

• yes dogs catch birds especially gundogs ,thats why they are bread for , and tell me friend what dog you have , and i am really sorry for your birds , and not only dogs . ...... cats often catch birds , snakes , and rats too

• All animals are natural hunters. Dogs are no exception. You have to teach your dog that hunting birds or any other creature is very wrong. Animals kill for food. That's all. Your dog has to know it's food comes from you, it's mother and master. You need to create a balance in nature where your dog will not kill an animal because it knows it doesn't have to. Nature is disturbed by what your dog did. There may be a nest of chicks waiting for food now. Your dog, although domesticated, is a part of nature and must learn to respect it.

I don't care what anyone says, it's not JUST one bird and it's not JUST once. If you don't stop this, it will happen again.

• Heck yeah that is natural. One in every of my excellent buddies has this puppies that kills as a minimum four birds a month. Then the dog chews on it, burries it, then after a while, digs it up once more and plays with it. Kinda weird huh?

• Of course they can , and heres the real funny part some Birds catch dogs.

• Heck yeah that is common. one in all my sturdy acquaintances has this canines that kills a minimum of four birds a month. Then the dogs chews on it, burries it, then after a whilst, digs it up returned and performs with it. Kinda extraordinary huh?

• Yes! My golden retriever catches and kills birds all the time. It makes me mad. I'm always chasing her around trying to save the bird, most of the time it lives.

• Yes, my 4 year old Airedale male has learned to take pheasant hens off the nest and bring them to me unharmed but totally freaked.

• Yes, but I don't think that they eat them. I used to have a rottweiler and she had a bird in her mouth, she started playing with it but she didn't eat it.

• yep. I had a lab who caught my cockateil right out of the air. he never saw her coming. of course, I wasn't there at the time, or the two never would have come together like that.

• Yes they can! I have a 9 month old boxer ....and she catches birds all the time! ...........