How do you make a steak REAL tender?

I want to make one of those steaks that melts in your mouth when you eat it. Meat tenderizers don't do it, pounding the hell out of it doesn't do it, so what is the trick to making a super tender steak?

Comments

• And when you get that perfect piece of beef, like my prime rib roast I am still eating on after Xmas, cook it slowly. I cooked it on 250 for 2 1/2 hours like my chart said to, them turned it up to crisp the ouside a bit.

I had used a black pepper with a very little garlic powder/onion powder spronkled sparingly on the outside

Generally, I like beef roasts better than charcoal steaks for that reason. tenderness.

But I must give credit to the dive up the road, they serve a charcoal t-bone that is tender.

• Buy good meat it is simple as that. Filet or beef tenderloin will always be more tender than any other cut of meat you can buy but of course you will end up paying more for it. Some people say that filet has less flavor. If you are looking for a steak that has a lot of flavor and is somewhat tender and does not cost that much I like a ribeye. If you go to your local grocery store you will invariable find cheaper cuts of meat that have more sinew in them. I have never bought into using tenderizer on a steak. The other relatively new cut of meat on the market is the flat iron steak which can be a bit tough but has a ton of flavor in it. I would stay away from skirt which is tough unless marinated. Hope I helped kevin

• Then, the secret is dry, aged prime beef. It is not easy to find and is costly.