should I trade my 2000 acura integra for 2000 honda civic?

I have a 2000 Integra 4 door stick and was wondering if it would be worth it to trade for a 2000 civic 4 door stick due to better gas mileage and lower weight. Its used as a daily car

Comments

• The only logic I can see in this is if the Civic has significantly less miles on the odometer than the Integra, I'm talking like 190k vs 70k miles and the Civic runs flawlessly.

Keep the Integra it has more power, they're both 4 cylinders and each get good mileage anyway. The downgrade wouldn't be worth it. Those 4 door manual Integras aren't exactly easy to come by and can sell for a lot more than a Civic to the right buyer. The Integra is worth a lot more as well especially if it's the GS or GS-R model, a straight up trade would put you on the losing end.

Integra MPG (manual): City 22/Hwy 28/Comb 24 MPG

Civic Manual:

EX: City 25/Hwy 32/Comb 28 MPG

LX: City 27/Hwy 33/Comb 29 MPG

Civic Auto:

EX: City 24/Hwy 32/Comb 27 MPG

LX: City 24/Hwy 32/Comb 27 MPG

You really want to sacrifice power and value to save a couple MPG?

• I'd keep the Integra. You already know what is wrong with it, and the Civic may be a complete turd. They aren't that different in weight or gas mileage. Besides, the Integra looks a lot better, at least in my eyes. It looks like a fun car, whereas the Civic just looks bloated and dull. If it were me, I wouldn't waste my money.

• Keep the Integra. Worth more, looks better and it's yours. You won't know what problems the Civic has in store for you.

• Why do you desire to trade down, that makes to sense , not at all. You need to get a newer car if you feel the need to replace the Acura. Keep the Integra dude.

• Unless you're getting about 2 mpg on the Acura, the payback period for all this "better gas mileage" is about 12 years.

Shorter version: no.

• If you like the civic, go for it. If you like the teggy, keep it. That civic will probably give you a couple miles per gallon better, if it was well kept. Last of all, if your teggy has a rear window wiper, hands down on keeping it. You will regret not having one.