Car does not idle consistently.?

I am thinking about buying a used 2010 model sedan in an auction. It has 122,000 miles. Per auction rules I can't test drive it. I was only able to pull forward and back to make sure it drives. It seems to run. I didn't see any leaks. But my only concern is that when I first turned it on I let it run for 2 minutes and the RPM's fluxated a bit. It didn't come close to stalling or anything. Just concerned me. How likely is this an indication of a costly fix?

Comments

• Going on a limb here but is it a Honda haha...seems to be a common problem among hondas. Could be a number of things, but any of the fixes individually would not be incredibly costly, especially if you have the knowledge to do it yourself. If you end up going through all repairs it may get a bit more pricey and depending on the purchase price of the vehicle it may not be worth it. Could be vacuum leaks, throttle position sensor, or air idle control valve. AIC valve is typically the culprit. Could be fixed just by making sure it is connected properly. Or make sure that your coolant is full and that there are no bubbles in the system.

• Depends what make & model. Can't you look up a cars history now? On the internet?

If it runs good but does that I'd expect there to be some work to be done on it don't you? RPM flux can be a lot of things, do they allow you to scan for codes? idk if the car looks beat to hell yeah but if it looks well taken care of....only you can tell.

• BTW, it is a Dodge Charger.